- 500 ml of milk
- 180 ml of dulce de leche
- 6 egg yolks
- Dilute the dulce with the milk in a saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites in two bowls. Reserve the white for another recipe.
- Pour a small amount (about 200 ml) of the boiling liquid over the egg yolks and whip to incorporate the yolks in the liquid.
- Pour the rest of the liquid while continuing to whisk for a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the liquid back in the pan and cook the mixture up to 82C by continuously stirring the appliance with a spatula so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Cut the heat of the mixture as soon as the temperature is reached, by transferring it to a bowl.
- Cool in the fridge by mixing the appliance every 10 minutes until it is at the temperature of your fridge. Keep refrigerated until use.