Maple crème caramel
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of maple condensed milk
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 110ml of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven at 300°F.
- Whisk the egg yolks, the condensed milk, the evaporated milk, 3 table spoon of maple syrup and the salt. Reserve.
- In a pot, heat the rest of the maple syrup up to 135°C, to make a maple caramel.
- Pour the maple caramel at the bottom of ovenproof containers, the add the eggs and milks mixture on top.
- Bake the crème caramel in a covered bain-marie in the oven for 30 minutes. The water must be halfway up the ramekins.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- When the mixture has set, unmold the sides of the containers with a knife. Turn them over with a plate and serve.
Gives approximately 4 portions.